by Cayce McCarthy. Arts and Entertainment blogger.
Hey Femm heads and welcome back to my mini-blog series about things going on in the music world. As you know Coachella is here and I know you guys are hyped about it, but instead of telling you guys about who’s performing and how much tickets cost, I’m going to tell you how to survive Coachella. What I mean is, I will provide you all a packing list of items people forget to bring to music festivals that are needed so you have an enjoyable time.
1. Water bottles: Seriously guys it can get hot at festivals; especially during the summer months. I recommend using a refillable one instead of a plastic one, so you don’t have to worry about throwing the bottle away and it’ll cut back on festival pollution; mainly at the beach!
2. Allergy medicine or medicine of any kind: If you have outdoor or even food allergies it’s a promising idea to pack some! You should also pack travel “Advil” for any sudden headaches, “Tums” for an upset stomach, and some band-aids and “Neosporin” in case you get a scrape. With people pushing past you it can be easy to get a cut.
3. Sunscreen that’s not in an aerosol can and Chapstick.
4. Bug spray from a non-aerosol can and if you do get bit or even stung pack something like “Cortizone 10”.
5. A Portable charger for your phone: Gotta keep your phone charged to stay in touch with your group, to take pics, and to call an Uber if you need one. You can find some at places like Walmart.
6. Something to keep you entertained while waiting in long lines. Maybe a fidget spinner, a PSP or Nintendo, or even a yo-yo.
7. A garbage bag to put your trash. Please don’t pollute.
8. Keychain light, glow sticks, or mini-flashlights for when the sun goes down.
9. Hats and sunglasses.
10. A towel to sit on or even a foldable chair.
11. Pack extra cash but keep it safe. Probably tucked in a secret pocket or in your shoes to prevent pit-pocketing.
12. Pack a second outfit in case you have an incident with mud.
13. Rain gear like an umbrella, raincoat, rain boots, etc. Always check the day’s forecast before heading out. Umbrella’s aren’t allowed at Coachella venue.
14. Baby wipes.
15. A light jacket. Just in case it becomes cold at night wherever the festival is held; like at a desert.
16. No-brainers: Your ID, phone, wallet, and your tickets. You can get a cell phone case that doubles as a wallet, so you have fewer things on you.
17. A backpack or clear bag. If you pack mainly travel size stuff you should be able to fit all of these.
18. Maybe a sleeping bag if you haven’t bought tickets yet. Not too important. Depends on your scheduling or if you’re camping vs staying at a hotel.
19. Hand sanitizer
20. Earplugs in case you have the unfortunate spot of being too close to the speakers. Also, your earbuds for your phone.
21. Ladies: your feminine hygiene products and any makeup supplies you believe you need.